As payments move online, fraudsters are following, and fraud is rising fast.
Here are tips to protect yourself against P2P payment app fraud:
We’re here for you.
- Never share your usernames and passwords, or provide one-time passcodes, to anyone who is not authorized to use your accounts.
- Beware of imposters posing as EECU. Never offer your personal or account information to someone who calls you directly, even if they say they're from EECU. (Caller ID can be spoofed.) You can verify that you're speaking with EECU by calling us directly at (817) 882-0800.
- Monitor your account. Setup alerts to notify you of account activity: Here is how to set up debit card alerts and credit card alerts.
- Think before clicking on links in unsolicited emails or text messages and be wary of attachments.
- And lastly, never send money to someone you have not met in person.
If you suspect fraud, contact us immediately at (817) 882-0800. The sooner we know what happened, the sooner we can help you.